Since I was elected in 2017, I have witnessed the Tories inflict more and more damage on our communities. Living in this constituency, I’ve seen our public services decimated, the savage cuts in Local Government undermining our area, pressure on social care and our NHS. I worry about long-term impact on children and young people from cuts in funding which undermine our schools. The Tories continue to offer chaos and put our NHS and economy at risk. This election is about so much more than Brexit; the next Labour Government will:
• save our NHS from privatisation and a Tory/Trump trade deal
• provide a nurse training bursary and better care for older people
• fund schools fairly and offer 30 hours of free childcare for 2 & 3
• end the Tory/Lib Dem tuition fees rip-off with free tuition
• fight climate change while creating the jobs of the future
• protect our environment and invest in renewable energy
• bring public transport and utilities back into public ownership
• and give you a final say on a Brexit deal within six months.
Over the last two years I have worked to give a strong voice to our
communities in Parliament, I ask you to vote Labour on 12 December and
re-elect me as your Labour MP for Blaydon constituency.
We're a people-powered movement.
Be a part of it.