Emma Corlett worked for 20 years as an NHS mental health nurse, including 13 years across North Norfolk. She is a tenacious community campaigner and activist, having fought for years to improve local mental health services, protect Sure Start Children’s Centres, Norfolk’s Fire & Rescue Service and alongside disabled people to fight cuts to their support, care and income.
Her campaign priorities are to reduce inequality through:
• building council and genuinely affordable homes because so many
local people are priced out of housing
• tackling the climate crisis with the urgency needed to protect our
coastal communities through Labour’s Green New Deal and Green
• restore a youth work service and sure start children’s centres
across the constituency
• investing in mental health services that help people early and are
easy to access in towns across north norfolk, with outreach across the
• making sure tourism works for the many not the view by increasing
pay to a genuine living wage and protecting people’s rights at work
• protecting the dignity of those people living with a disability by
ensuring care and support is available to uphold their right to live
independently and to ensure their income is sufficient to live a full
We're a people-powered movement.
Be a part of it.